• Hardware
HP Deskjet 3520 connected but won't print
  • The printer has worked fine for a few weeks. No changes made to anything anywhere.

Test report says connected, PASS, etc.

However, when trying to print, it waits a bit, then says failed, not connected.

?

Trouble shooting and HP help pages don't seem to address the problem of a printer and pc claiming everything is OK, but completely fails to print.

?

Question is, should I now go and buy a Dell printer, or an Epson printer, say ? What is the best printer manufacturer please ?

?

As I need a printer that can perform printing, wirelessly or otherwise, HP is obviously out of the question, as evidenced that pages discussing this sort of problem have many thousands of views.

?

?

• Hello HPnomore11-

?

I would like to help resolve issue. How is the printer connected to the computer ?? USB, wireless ?? If the printer is connected wireless, I gather you did an USB install first, then converted to wireless. What happens if you plug the USB cable back in ?? Still saying not connected ?? Let me also ask you if you installed full feature software ?? Do you have?Scan options?, and can you scan ?? If you can't scan and are hard wired with a USB cable, then I would recommend to completely uninstall software (Start/All Programs/ HP/ Deskjet 3520/ uninstall. After the uninstall completes you will most likely have to restart. Once restated and PC is back up, go to HP.com . Click on Support and drivers , then Drivers and downloads. Enter your product number(or name)?in the search box. Pick the correct 3520 printer from the series then click next. Expand the Drivers and select HP Deskjet Full Feature Software. After the download completes , run the install by following the directions. Now if you are Network Installed, go to the HP folder ( All Programs ) and open the 3520 folder then run "Printer Setup and Software"? and connect a new printer. I hope this helps.