• Windows 8
Service registration is missing or corrupt
  • From recently I can't update windows and I ran MS Fix it Center and it shows that service registration is missing or corrupt.

• I have the same issue on my XP Professional with SP3

•  

Hi Wasantha,

1.       Which Fit-it are you referring to?

2.       Are you not able to install some specific updates?

You usually get this error while installing software updates. If Microsoft finds some problems in the digital signature of the update is when you usually get this error.

Have a look at this and see if that helps:

How to fix MSI software update registration corruption issues:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971187/en-us

Please reply if you need further assistance.

• imageThanks-The Fit-It apparently is no longer functional for Windows XP Pro---The updates in question popped up a few days
    ago(a screen shot is attached)--This issue is that I have succesfully downloaded and installed those 3 updates 3x now--BUT--the yellow icon keeps insisting that those same 3 updates still need to be installed--when I checked the history all have been installed--when
    checking furthger I then got the message about corrupt service registration--although that message was from Fix-It which leads me to believe that is not the issue----please advise--thanks

• Hi,

It did not work for me. Windows update just keeps running without showing me anything.

Fix it gives me the following error:

Windows Update Publisher details

Issues found

Service registration is missing or corrupt                 Service registration is missing or corrupt        Not fixed  

Reset service registration                                    Succeeded 

•  

It did not work for me. Windows update just keeps running without showing me anything.

Fix it gives me the following error:

Windows Update Publisher details

Issues found

Service registration is missing or corrupt                 Service registration is missing or corrupt        Not fixed  

Reset service registration                                    Succeeded 

• I restored my system to a date where I could update windows without any problem and now I can update windows.